The Fortune Society is a non-profit organization whose mission is twofold: to educate the public about criminal justice issues and to help those involved in the criminal justice system to break the cycle of crime and incarceration.
Position: Manager, Institutional Giving
Job Description: The Manager, Institutional Giving will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the government grant application process and is primarily responsible for the following-
* Day-to-day managing of the government application process internally amongst development, finance, research and program staff;
* Researching government funding opportunities;
* Writing and preparing government grant proposals;
* Supervising the work of other staff and outside consultants in writing government grant proposals;
* Working with other staff and outside consultants in securing government appropriations; and
* Writing and preparing of fundraising materials for government officials, including concept papers, information packets, brochures, etc.
* Developing and implementing agency's yearly fundraising goals and plan of action, in conjunction with the board, development team and upper management teams;
* Researching appropriations prospects and strategizing the agency's approach to government officials;
* Attending and participating in meetings and case conferences within and outside the agency;
* Engaging in his/her own ongoing professional development; and
* Participating in other development-related activities, when
needed and appropriate.
* Excellent Internet research skills
* Excellent writing skills
* Advanced degree (MPA, MBA or JD) preferred, but not required if candidate has 2-4 years of grant writing experience
* Commitment to the mission of the agency, helping those involved in the criminal justice system to break the cycle of crime and incarceration.
**All resumes must be submitted along with a cover letter specifying the position for which you are applying, in addition to salary requirement to Fortunejobs@fortunesociety.org. No calls or faxes please.
**Formerly-incarcerated individuals and ex-substance abusers, who have successfully made the transition from confinement into a stable, productive lifestyle in the community, including sustained employment since release, are eligible to apply.