Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Job Opportunity- Heart of BK Commercial Revitalization Associate
Heart of Brooklyn- a partnership of the leading cultural institutions located in central Brooklyn- is hiring a Commercial Revitalization Associate.
Hours: Part‐Time (15 hours, 2‐3 days a week)
Location: 789 Washington Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11238
Hourly Rate: $12/h
Applicants should be highly motivated and have a demonstrated interest in economic development, community outreach, and the not‐for‐profit field. This position reports to Heart of Brooklyn's Commercial Revitalization Manager. The Commercial Revitalization Associate will assist several areas of HOB programming, including research and analysis, marketing, and community outreach, with a focus on economic development.
• Promoting small businesses; working closely with local Prospect Heights merchants
• Drafting and maintaining website content
• Social media marketing
• Business database maintenance
• Assisting with the coordination of monthly meetings
• Assisting with the editing and publishing of a quarterly newsletter
• Assisting with Rolling Up the Gates business attraction events
• Supporting tourism initiatives such as The HOB Connection free shuttle
• General administrative duties as needed
This position is ideal for someone who is interested in gaining experience in non‐profit work, community affairs, and the wonderful borough of Brooklyn. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Please e‐mail a letter of interest and resume to Rebeca Ramirez at email@example.com (subject line: “Commercial Revitalization Associate”) or fax to (718) 638‐7740.