Apply to work in Fort Greene at the newly formed FAB Alliance Fulton Street BID as Liaison for Public Safety and the Environment- 25hrs per week.
BACKGROUND on the FAB BID
The Fulton Area Business Alliance (FAB) is a newly formed Business Improvement District working on behalf of property owners, merchants, residents and stakeholders along Fulton Street in Fort Greene and Clinton Hill - from Rockwell Place to Classon Avenue (plus adjacent blocks of Lafayette, Greene and Putnam Avenues). Their goals are to retain current businesses and improve the atmosphere to make the area of Fulton Street a clean, safe and retail diverse environment that is a destination for people work, shop, dine and play.
Liaison for Public Safety and the Environment
In short, the principal responsibility of the Liaison is to execute strategies that create and maintain safe and sanitary conditions within the FAB Alliance district. The Liaison will supervise the core sanitation, public safety, public space maintenance programs within the District; develop strategies for upgrading the quality of life in the district and works with the Bid Manager, FAB Board of Directors, City agencies, and stakeholders to address and resolve issues that threaten the public health, safety, and/or general welfare; report to the Bid Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Monitors safety, sanitation and quality-of-life conditions within the FAB area on a daily basis
· Liaise with city agencies and NYPD to advocate for services on behalf of business and property owners
· Manages collection of safety, sanitation and quality-of-life data including, but not limited to, conducting surveys and cataloging concerns and/or complaints
· Tracks actions taken to resolve issues and reports results
· Liaise with the NYPD, District Attorney and other enforcement agencies regarding crime and safety issues
· Create procedure for merchants and property owners to report incidents and share
information regarding security and quality-of-life issues. This would be executed online
· Develop a weekly report that quantifies all security incidents and sanitation and quality-of-life issues
· Works with Bid Manager to identify efforts and resources needed to address conditions that threaten health, safety, and general welfare within the District
· Assists the Bid Manager and Deputy Director in developing and maintaining strategic
relationships with City agencies (including but not limited to the Department of Sanitation, Department of Transportation, and Department of Buildings, Department of Parks, Community Board 2 and 88th Precinct Community Council)
· Meets with sanitation vendor on a regular basis to evaluate sanitation needs in the
· Assists the Bid Manager in developing and supervising the annual budget for landscaping, sanitation, graffiti-removal and safety programs
· Supervises all processes for acquiring permits including but not limited to special events, banners, holiday lighting
· Other duties as required
Qualifications and Skills:
· Professional and friendly with excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Proven track record dealing with community groups, city agencies, businesses, and
· Capacity to react quickly to issues as they arise
· Outstanding problem-solving and creative thinking abilities
· Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse array of contacts and stakeholders
· Background in sanitation or public safety required, preferably within New York City
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or Google Docs
The following skills or characteristics are not required but are highly desirable:
· Knowledgeable in the role Business Improvement Districts play in assisting local
businesses and property owners
· Proficiency in database creation and management
· Knowledge of the Fort Greene/Clinton Hill area
Please note this position is part-time: 25 hours per week.
Please submit a resume and cover letter by 5:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, Friday, March 12, 2010. Click on the link below, or copy and paste it into your web browser to apply:
Salary commensurate with experience. FAB Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.