Beginning on/about Monday, November 15, 2010, and, continuing for approximately one (1) week, the NYC Department of Design and Construction (DDC) will be excavating test pits along Eastern Parkway between Grand Army Plaza and Washington Avenue/Underhill Avenue (mid-block) Service Road. This work temporarily restricts curbside parking and driveway access.
WHY IS THIS WORK BEING DONE?
This work is being performed in advance of the Eastern Parkway Reconstruction Project and will allow the DDC to identify the location of existing sub-surface infrastructure and utility hardware. The information gathered from the test pits will be used to determine the location for the new infrastructure including the new trunk water main. Please note: All test pit excavations will be restored upon completion.
WHAT ARE THE HOURS OF WORK?
The contractor’s typical working hours are Monday – Friday between the hours of 7:00AM–6:00PM.
COMMUNITY IMPACTS DURING TEST PIT EXCAVATIONS
The following are temporary impacts while the work is being performed:
• Each work location will be active for only 1-3 days;
• Parking may be restricted in certain locations;
• Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times.
WHO TO CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION?
• Please call the DDC's Office of Community Outreach and Notification at 718-391-2347.
• Visit the NYCDDC web site at http://www.nyc.gov/ddc
• During non-construction hours, please contact the New York City Government Services and Information Hotline at 311.